Credits

The Designers Chic

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Own “Dark Ages”

Guest posting compliments of Andrea Moon

There have been few times in my life where I haven't had internet access. Growing up, Around the time of my later teens, it was something that was just always there. It was accessed everyday and sometimes even taken for granted. If you had questions you used the internet. You would forgo the traditional way of listening to music, seeing movies, having an infinite amount of available options to stream online.


There have been times where I haven't been able to afford the clear bundle. These times I often refer to "the dark ages". You feel out of the loop. You cannot instantly figure out the random questions, that pop up, and grate on your mind. The internet is extremely important in my life. It is the most often used source of media in my house. I use it to find recipes, to clip coupons, and text my boyfriend. I read blogs, and connect with people millions of miles away from me. I use the internet to shop, and to make money, marketing my skills. Social media is more often used to keep in touch with friends and family, then phone calls. I use an mp3 player, instead of cds, and i grab my music online. We plan trips, and get walking directions in town online. Sometimes, the internet is thought of as some distraction, something of little importance. The internet is my breath of fresh air, affording me to learn, and make the quality of my life significantly better.


Note: This is a guest post.



No comments: