Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Expired Tooth



I have had a dentist appointment for 2 consecutive days. But all they have to do is to check my tooth, the x-ray to see if there's an infection (and there was!) and give me prescription medicines that I am going to take for a week. My dentist said, they have to call me after a week and will check on how I am doing. I have been suffering from pain for over a week now. I just can't take it anymore. I have been taking my medicines regularly to stop feeling the pain.

I have been thinking about 3 options. I can have a major procedure which is the root canal, tooth implant or if I want my tooth to be taken out completely. I know it will cost me a fortune. Besides, my health insurance will not cover my dental procedures. It is not cool at all. I am contemplating on getting a pearly white dentures so that I will never ever feel the pain again. Am I ready for it?

6 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Hey there ate Haze.. so no wonder why you said you are about to have your tooth removed. Well, I know how it feels like when you have a deffective tooth. Gi drilled jud pag-ayo sa dentist akoa tooth kay next to the wisdom tooth pa jud. waaaaa sige man gud to ka chipped mao wala na makupit. Anyway, Tim just had his root canal and it costed about $800 to $900 balik2x sya sa dentist then one time na infected ni burot ya face for a week or so. He had to go back again and last Monday was his last dentist visit. Hope things will go well on yours! Happy New Year!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I hope so Adin. I can't chew my food well because it really hurts me. Hopefully I will get better soon.

Umma said...

Waaahh.. its so expensive here in going to the dentist bec dental procedures are not covered from health insurance.
I wish to get a teeth makeover too but it will cost me a fortune..well, we need to save more moolah from the opps para pa-beauty ang teeth natin hahaha.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

yes! you are right! We need more greens for a teeth makeover hehehe. Thanks for dropping by

D said...

Yikes Haze, that surely is something to think about. I can imagine what you are going through as I have gone through it myself. I was in pain for a week or so too, and I have no idea why the dentist would first address my front tooth (the one with the prosthetic) instead of the tooth that is in pain. He said according to the x-rays, the front tooth is the one that needs more urgent attention, but I am not feeling anything there at all. I wanted him to address the tooth that is in pain. Maybe he just wants that procedure first coz it's an expensive procedure, so he'll gain much from it.:P Anyway, fortunately the pain in my affected tooth is gone now. I hope the pain won't come back again. Good luck in your decision!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

oh my gosh! It is a really tough decision to make Belle. I don't know what to since we don't have the greens yet. I just wish that my health insurance will cover everything but it is not. Too bad, we have to pay much for just one tooth.

I want it taken out so I don't feel the pain anymore. Thanks for coming by Belle