Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Oral Surgery

Last Monday, I had a dental appointment with my new Dentist here in North Dakota. I had my 2 x-rays taken and they gave me my prescription medicine to take for the preparation of the surgery. My wisdom tooth (which is my 32nd tooth) in my right jaw didn't grow well and there's a cavity that needs to be pulled out to avoid infection. My 31st tooth was affected by the cavity too and they have to extract it in the form of root canal and fix it by placing a crown. I will have another schedule for that process.

So, I visited my oral surgeon today and did the surgery. My husband is very supportive of me that he's beside me waiting for my turn. I asked him if he could be with me while my surgeon was working on my wisdom tooth. He said "yes" quickly without any form of thinking. But only if they will allow him. So, the assistant of the surgeon called my name and it is time for my turn. They injected my jaw 3 times to numb it. I was scared and shaking. At the time he was drilling my tooth, I moved my face 2 times as I cannot take the pain I am feeling inside. My tears fell down. My surgeon said to put me into sleep so I will not feel the pain. The numbness they have injected didn't work for me.

After 2 hours, the assistant woke me up and told me they pulled it out and it was successful. I am bleeding inside so I was prescribed a pain medicine for the pain and instructed me not to eat solid foods for 3 days. I can't even spit my own saliva. I can't wash my mouth with a mouthwash. I can brush my teeth but I will be careful brushing it to avoid too much bleeding. I am only allowed to eat ice cream and milkshake and I have to drink plenty of water to prevent my lips and mouth from cracking and chapping. Right now, I need to take my rest as I can still feel the pain in my right jaw.


6 comments:

Generous Heart said...

Poor thing...I know how you feel haze i seen that situation on my daughter when she had her surgery on her front tooth.They have to knock her down so she won't freak out...At least everything is over,and they did very well done with your wisdom tooth...try to put ice cubes in your mouth it will help reduce the pain...Get well soon..Take care!

Wena said...

everything will be fine hazie.i was in that position too when i had my dental implants but i am not scared of injections or what my main concerned was eating icecream coz i hate sweet and cold but it was worthy....
Get some rest and prepare for the root canal=)

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

At first, they numbed my right jaw but I couldn't take the pressure. The drilling wasn't fun at all, hehehe. So my oral surgeon decided to knocked me down so I will not feel the pressure and pain. It was successful but very painful afterwards

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Thank you Wenggay. I felt like I was deprived for eating foods. I have to eat ice cream and shake for the remaining days until it will be healed.

Oh yeah, for sure root canal was a little bit painful too huh so I need to prepare myself too hehehe

ANGELROCHE said...

oi dai haze so sorry to hear about that. even me i need to have my wisdom tooth removed. it's healthy not bothering me but i dont think its gonna be worthwhile to keep because it doesnt go straight. eventually will get problems later on. I have 2 that needs to removed. i havent visited any oral surgeon yet. i dont know how to take leave on it. i dont have enough sick leave. hahay..good for u have urs done na. maybe someday il do the same thing, maybe have them put me to sleep para way sakit.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Roche! correct jud ka, you really have to be asleep so you will not feel the pain, They numbed me at first but I couldn't take the pain so they decided to knocked me down... The pressure and drilling was annoying and it really hurts. Good luck sa iyo girl hehehe