Credits

The Designers Chic

Friday, July 4, 2008

The Big Day!

It's the 4th of July! This is really a memorable date for me. As you all know, I came here in the United States on the day of Independence Day. It was an astonishing feeling! There were mixed emotions inside of me. I was carefully observing every bit of the place, the people and the things around me. My port of entry was St. Paul-Minneapolis in Minnesota. I was feeling excited to quickly passed the immigration and rushed myself immediately to the breeze outside the international airport.

We actually didn't use our last plane ticket from St. Paul-Minneapolis, Minnesota bound to Detroit, Michigan. We rented a car to drive all the way going home to Kentucky. From Minnesota-Wisconsin-Illinois-Indiana and Kentucky. So for the first 2 days of my stay here in the United States, I have been to 5 states already. What an amazing experience! As we were driving going home, there were lot of things that surprised me. But there's only one thing that will proved that I am indeed in US of A. The first car I saw when I got out from the airport was a convertible car!

As the days go by, I am learning so many things in this big country. I have seen many places in my first year living here and met a lot of good people in different races. I have met the family of my husband and met some "kababayan" too. Now, that this is my first anniversary here, I would surely enjoy it, live it and savor everything. For sure, there are more things to discover than seeing and hearing things in the media. For now, I would say, let's celebrate the wonders of the earth!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: