Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Highlights of the Day

Well, it has been days now since we started packing all our stuff in our house here in Kentucky. We made sure that we can pack everything and bring them all to North Dakota. It is just me and my husband - Winn who does all the work - from packing, loading and cleaning. We were able to pack some of the things but there are some furniture that needs some assistance from the other people who have more capacity to lift heavy loads. I just couldn't help my husband lift heavy things and load them in the truck and trailer. I even told him to just leave all the packing and cleaning to me as I can manage to do them but not the heavy lifting.

Luckily, my husband's friend came over and see us. He took advantage (in a good way) of asking some help to load the heavy furniture. We got even luckier when someone from the neighborhood came over and help us too. It was just so surprising how people help one another unexpectedly.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's nice that you got the help that you needed. when we moved here in our apartment, it was only me and TS who were moving our stuff. we were very exhausted since we were used to having movers to move our stuff but not that time.

his bestfriend-Nick helped him carry the heavy stuff though while i cleaned the old apartment.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hehehe mao jud Jacs, ingon man gud sila na makadaot daw sa matres ang heavy lifting so mao dili ko ipabuhat ni Winn ug heavy things...

I am glad we got some help.