Credits

The Designers Chic

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Changed Schedule

My husband is a Baptist and I am a devoted Catholic. We may have different religions but we only have one goal - to praise God above all. When I met him, he knew that I always find time to go to church and hear mass. For me, it is always refreshing. It gives me a new life everyday. When I first came here, we lived in an area where most or majority of the people are Baptist. But we didn't stop looking until we found a Catholic church. I can still remember that there were few people attending the mass and we can just sit anywhere.


The interior of St. James Basilica

We have moved from Kentucky to North Dakota where there's a huge Catholic church with many members. I feel at home. The people are very warmth and accommodating. We usually go to church around 8:30 or 10:30 in the morning. But lately, we changed our schedule to avoid the noise of the kids who's looking for attention from their parents. Don't get me wrong, I like kids but when you're inside the house of God, you can barely hear the priest talking and couldn't concentrate at all. So we changed to evening mass at 6 o' clock where there's less people and no noisy kids.

7 comments:

Sweetiepie said...

I perfectly understand what you mean girl. I like going to church in the morning but with so much kids around I can`t concentrate listening the ceremony. It`s best to go later than getting annoyed because you get distracted.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Sweetie Pie! Thanks for coming by... That is true. I mean its no big deal when there's kids around. But it is the house of God and everybody should be solemn.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello there carlos! sure we can exchange link! Thanks for adding mine

Dhemz said...

hello girl! pareha pala ta ug situation...kami amo sked is alternate..like for ex..first sunday sa Catholic church tapos sa 2nd sunday sa baptist church...you're right our goal is to praise God as well...hehheh! sa catholic man jud day walay daycare pero sa baptist naa..that is the difference...tapos pag kami sa CC naa man mi baby sa soundproof me..para d kadsturb...you will understand that later on pagnana kay baby...hehehe! good luck

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

mao jud girl. I already experience being in a Baptist church in Georgia. My husband wants to bring me sometime sa ilahang Baptist church so I will know about their church too.

That's nice of you na alternate mo sa churches. That's just giving one another a chance. Usually some churches na naadtuan namo girl kay dili man sound proof, para man sa tanan.

amiable amy said...

kakainggit...i really wanted to live in a place where the church is walking distance, here in Orlando, the church is a bit too far

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Amy! Back in Kentucky, churches there was just 10 miles away from our home. But here in North Dakota, it is just about 4 miles, so it is very easy to drive and go there kasi malapit lang