Credits

The Designers Chic

Monday, January 5, 2009

Movie: Rain Man

Have you watched the movie Rain Man? It is a 1988 movie drama and romance starring Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. It tells the story of an abrasive and selfish young brother who discovers that his father has left all of his estate to his older brother who is incapable of emotional development. After an autistic savant inherits $ 3,000,000 from his deceased father, his younger brother, in an attempt to trick him out of the money, learns some valuable lessons of life.



This was really an interesting movie for me. I say I got emotional while I was watching the movie. When Charlie (Tom Cruise) meets his brother, Raymond (Dustin Hoffman) he never knew he had, he takes his older brother on a cross-country odyssey they will never forget. Both actors did a very good job on their roles. Dustin Hoffman won the Best Actor in a leading role at the 61st Academy Awards. If by chance you see the title - Rain Man, watch it and you will learn something from the movie.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Haze!

i've seen this one and I really touched me and I ended up sobbing. This is a must-see movie and I totally agree that Dustin Hoffman really did a great job!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Jacy! I love the movie too. I watched it like twice already. I can still remember some of the piece of Dustin Hoffman hehehe

D said...

I haven't seen this movie yet Haze, but from how you describe it, it intrigues me! Maybe I will ask my husband to buy a DVD or rent it sometime.

Umma said...

I havent seen this movie too.. waah I really dont hv time to watch movies bec my hands are full taking care of my baby.

But hopefully when he starts walking na, at least we can just put him at grandma's house so we can hv some bonding with hubby soon.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Belle! It is a really good movie. Dustin Hoffman did a very good job.

You can rent it or buy it hehehe, and tell me what you think about the movie

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Umma! I understand what's going on with you now that you have your baby. Babies need a lot more attention from their mom, when you have time, maybe you can watch this movie sometime...

Thanks for visiting

Pinay said...

I haven't seen thismovie but base on what you have said,it must be a good and interesting one.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Yes it is Amor. Life is really full of surprises. I have learned something from this movie

Anonymous said...

Hazel,Im here again :)Thanks for doing the tag.I've tried several times today to post a comment in your other blog,but everytime I click the post comment,wala gyd mogawas ang comment page,ambot ngano.

It was the same thing yesterday,dili pod ko kacomment didto,ngano kaha :(

So diri nalang ko nagcomment,thanks girl ha.BTW,Im done also with your tag in my anything and everything blog.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Amor! Thanks for doing the tag. I sometimes experience that thing girl, refresh is the only thing to do hehehe

Wena said...

this is one of my fave movie too,but kadugay naman ani,.,need to watch it again,i have my dvd still with me,I am in gladiator and Geisha mood lately,mao nga balik balik ko watch ato=)

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Wenggay! mao jud, dugay na ang movie but I love it! It is one of my favorite movies from now on hehehe

I am planning to buy a DVD for this so I could watch it over and over again hehehe I hope its on sale sa walmart