Credits

The Designers Chic

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spicy Lumpia Shanghai

I can cook! Sometimes I am just lazy to cook. Last night, I was preparing Spicy Lumpia Shanghai and fried them for lunch today. My husband helped me in frying because he was afraid I get burned. Believe me or not, it is my first time to make Lumpia Shanghai. I hate the over-all procedure as it will take a lot of work from chopping, cooking and wrapping.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of ground beef or pork (whatever meat you want)
  • 1 cup shrimp, chopped
  • 1 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1 cup green beans, chopped finely
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon red crushed pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • lumpia wrappers
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • vegetable oil for frying
Procedure:
  • Saute garlic and onion in a 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the ground beef or pork and stir-fry until the ground meat will turn its color from red to gray.
  • Add the carrots and shrimp, then add 1 tablespoon of red crushed pepper. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
  • Add the egg, green beans and bean sprouts. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
  • Wrap in lumpia wrapper and dip fry in vegetable oil.
Note: You can dip the spicy lumpia shanghai in sweet and sour sauce or to any sauce that you want.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a menu for today huh?!! i must try it cause it sounds yummy.. gotta be fastidious with the kind of food i can tell.. hahaha.. thanks for the recipe zeng!!!

Jen

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

You are welcome Jenny! Lumpia with a little bit of spice in it hehehe

Generous Heart said...

looking at your lumpia picture makes me sturb hahahha! ya your right making lumpia is a much hussle to do don't get me wrong they delicious.One reason i got my in laws attention because of lumpia hahhaha!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hahaha, yours must be very delicious. Share me some of your recipe hehehe

amiable amy said...

thanks for this recipe girl, i might try this ...

looks yummy already

Sweetiepie said...

lumpia is my favorite, but sometimes making them make me lazy because it takes so much of my time. But they`re good though!

Umma said...

I missed the lumpia already huhuhu..Looking at the picture makes me drool.

Thanks for posting Haze..

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! You really put your heart into your lumpia Haze. I do make spicy lumpia but instead of cooking them first, I'd just wrap them raw and cook them. I'm going to post my very easy lumpia shanghai recipe later. I don't put bean sprouts and greens beans on it though.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

@ Amy:

Hello amiable Amy! It is yummy and spicy. I can really taste it.

My pleasure to post this recipe for everyone to see it. You are welcome!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

@ Sweetie Pie:

I agree with you girl, you have to put your heart when making it because the procedure wasn't easy.

Thanks for coming by

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

@ Umma:

Hello Umma, you are welcome. Indeed, lumpia is really delicious

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

@ Jacy:

Hello Jacy dear, I find it hard making the lumpia because it requires a lot of work.

I will be waiting for your easy lumpia shanghai girl

Wena said...

yummmm..my shanghai lumpia is all ground beef and chopped potato,i wrapped them raw then fried....yummy!!!!!good that u are in the mood again to cook=)

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

share me you recipe too Wenggay! Yes, I am in the mood to cook again hehehe

Anonymous said...

Hmm kalami ana Haze!!!I love lumpia and my husband love it to the max too! :) Here,I usually do the vietnamese style of lumpia though.

Uy lain lagi to imo other blog,dili gyd mogawas ang comment box maski sge ghapon nako refresh :(.Naka encountered napod ko ani sa blog sa ako friend dili ko kacomment sa iya blog,parehas ghapon dli gawas ang comment box.

Bitaw noh,lisod gyd pag sge snow labi pa sguro dnha sa inyo kay gina plow naman kaha na nyo ang inyo yard dnha sa kadaghan snow.Ako gusto ko 1 day snow lang,para take ko pics tapos dili nako gusto mag snow ulit hahahha.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hello Amor! Ka-nindot sa name nimu oi, hehehe very lovely kaayo. Bitaw oi, I dont know what happen sa comment box sa other blog nako.

Sa una, I love snow, pero karon kay murag na-bored naman ko and depressing kaayo kay dili ko kagawas hehehe

Share me your lumpia recipe unya ha. Thanks for coming

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!!! www.hazelholbrook.com is one of the best innovative websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. All the best.