Credits

The Designers Chic

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Celebration

an empty bottle of champagne

How's your new year's eve? Did you party all night? I bet all of us have different ways on how we celebrate the new year. As for me and my husband, we watched the countdown on the TV and prepared our bottle of champagne. We had pot roast and steaks for dinner. We didn't have much food for the new year's eve because we planned to go out on new year's day.

pot roast with cream of corn for dinner

We stayed all night watching movies while we are waiting for the countdown. I couldn't believed it, another year had passed. It means, another fresh year for blessings, challenges and another year old for all of us. After watching the countdown, we finished the whole bottle of champagne and watch few more movies then went to bed. I got a little tipsy. The husband and I savor the fresh night of new year.

The husband while waiting to be seated

On new year's day, my husband and I went out for a little shopping in town. He really needs a new thermal boots to keep his feet and toes warm when we go outside the snowy winter. I got myself a new pair of jeans. We decided to watch a movie but we dropped it because the movie - Yes Man starring Jim Carrey will not start at around 7PM. The last part of our new year celebration was to stuffed ourselves with scrumptious meal.

Me while waiting to be seated

4 comments:

Umma said...

Happy New Year Haze... yeah everybody celebrates new year in a different way. For us we celebrate our new year with the church service until 1:30 am

Unlike in Phils, its more noisy and more food on the table every new year, isnt it? I missed the lechon huhuh,

Wishing you all the best for 2009!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Happy New Year Umma! I really miss Philippines when it comes to celebrating Christmas and New Year. More fun and food.

Thank you for coming by and wish you all the best too for 2009

D said...

Ang sarap naman ng pot roast, ikaw nagluto Haze? Yum yum! Kakagutom tingnan. You look really nice, by the way. Picture perfect kaayo imong pose sa restaurant uyy while waiting for your turn to be seated. hehe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hahaha, thanks Belle! si hubby nagluto ng pot roast, that's his specialty.

Dugay man gud mi ma-entertain so I told hubby to take a picture of me while we are waiting hehehe