Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
If you are a permanent resident of United States, you can present the following when entering Canada:
- a valid passport
- permanent resident card (Green Card)
- State Identification or Driver's License
- some proof that you are a permanent resident like bank statement, letter from your work or title deed of the house or vehicle
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
1. Have you ever been on TV?
- I don't think so but I watched the anniversary of GMA-7 live year 2006.
2. Have you ever sung in public?
- Yes! I sung twice actually. First, I was in High School and joined the duet competition. It was embarrassing! We didn't even finish the song. Secondly, I was in Ilo-Ilo with my classmates when we attended the conference and went to a bar and sung on stage.
- I don't think I will look good with a blond hair. It is just hard to maintain a colored hair. I am happy with my long, black and shiny hair.
4. Have you ever eaten frog legs?
- Yes I did! When we had our summer vacation at my grandparents province. It is like a specialty and it really taste good.
5. Have you ever received a present that you really hated?
- No. I like receiving gifts no matter what. I am not picky.
6. Have you ever walked into a lamp post?
- Nope, never did. Usually I walk on street lights but not lamp post.
7. Have you ever cooked a meal by yourself for more than 15 people?
- Yes! I love cooking when there's a party.
8. Have you ever fallen or stumbled in front of others?
- No doubt, I was clumsy in my younger years.
9. Have you ever done volunteer work?
- Yes, I was in High School when we have to teach the poor kids about God's words for 1 hour, 3 time a week.
Many sites are broad-based with members coming from a variety of backgrounds looking for different types of relationships. For example, Jewish singles or Latino singles. Some online dating sites are more specific that usually based on the type of members, interests, location or relationship desired just like equestrian cupid. This is an exclusive community for horse lovers and equestrian singles to meet someone to share their passion for horses and pursue the country lifestyle. Join the community of the best, largest and most effective dating site for single horse lovers and meet your horseback-riding friends! They offer FREE sign-up for those people who are interested to join this community. Don't miss the chance of meeting someone special online!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cream cornstarch
- chopped peanuts or grated cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, corn and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Heat the saucepan, pour coconut milk and bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixed cornstarch, sugar, corn and evaporated milk. Stir constantly until mixture is thickened.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Greetings from Paris! We're having fun. Saw the Eiffel Tower and tomorrow we'll go to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa. Take care!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Naruto is an adolescent ninja who constantly searches for recognition and aspires to become a Hokage, the ninja in his village that acknowledged as the leader and the strongest of all. He has a very strong spirit and a never-say-die attitude. Just like anybody else, I love watching cartoons and I can even name one of my favorites.
Friday, January 23, 2009
My husband and I first met over the phone in May of 2006. He visited me in the Philippines (September 2006) after 4 months of corresponding with each other. He stayed 9 days in his first visit. Then he went back November of 2006 in his second visit and stayed for 3 months. He proposed to me December of 2006. He went back to U.S. of A. on February 2007 and went back for the third time in the Philippines in May of 2007. He stayed for 1 month and 2 weeks. We got married in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee on September 2007.
- I have known my husband for 2 years and 8 months and married for 1 year and 4 months. What I love about him is, he really cares for me and for my family back home.
- I love my husband because he makes me feel very special. When I am lazy to cook our food, he will take time to cook food for us.
- I love my husband because he thinks of me always. He always cares for me. He always check on me and supports me to all my endeavors.
- I love my husband because he pampers me like a baby. He let me go shopping and buy what I want while he's comfortably sitting in the couch at the mall while waiting for me.
- I love my husband because he always needs my attention and let me know how much he love me and that he always tell me how special and important I am in his life.
- I love the fact that my husband can't sleep at night when I am not at his side. I think that is cute knowing that he needs someone like me to be with him at night.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The rules are:
1. Make a list of what you want on your birthday
2. The list should be 15 numbers
3. Post the image of this award in your posting
4. Give it to 10 friends of yours
- Just like I always wish and pray every year when it's my birthday, I want God to give us, my family and friends more blessings and good health.
- I wish that before this year will end, our house in Kentucky will be sold. Paying two utility bills and insurance is just crazy!
- I wish that the gas prices will remain cheaper than it is used to be so that many people and campers will travel.
- I wish to get a raise on my salary! Yehey!
- I wish to lose some weight. I felt like I am getting heavier everyday of my life!
- I wish to fill up the balikbayan box that I am going to send to my mom and sisters before Holiday Season will start this year.
- I wish to get all the DVD's complete season of the TV series House, M.D.
- I wish to spend a wonderful 6 month vacation in a warmer place after working 6 months in a campground. I just don't want to spend another harsh winter here in North Dakota.
- I wish to receive a nice pair of diamond earrings and a ring from my beloved husband to add to my collections.
- I wish to meet my wonderful online friends.
- I would love to travel to 7 more states that I haven't seen yet - Michigan, Ohio, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arizona, California and Nevada before traveling to east coast.
- I wish to get my favorite designer handbag I have been wishing to get for a long time.
- I wish to earn more opportunities from blogging so I can earn more money!
- I wish to earn another degree here but I just can't make up my mind yet.
- I wish that there would be WORLD PEACE!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- 1 pound of beef strips
- 1 can of mushroom
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into big strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- You can boil the beef if you want or fry it in olive oil. Saute garlic and beef in a pan until the beef is golden brown. Add the onion and mushroom. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add soy sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until the meat is cook.
- Lastly, add the bell peppers. Do not overcook the bell peppers.
- Serve it with hot rice.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Since we are really on a tight budget last year and this year, there are still more ways to save our pockets from spending expensive cell phones. For a limited time offer, you can find great cell phone sale at BestInCellPhones.com that are brand new and offers full satisfaction guarantee. They also offer free cell phones, cash back after rebate and free bluetooth headsets. What a great way to start the New Year with new free cell phones! By visiting their website, you can choose and compare cell phone plans from their wide selections of different brands and carriers according to your preference.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
- Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
- I am addicted to gadgets - I guess, some of you love to own any gadgets to be part of the modern world. Who wants to have a camera using a roll of film nowadays? Do you want to carry a heavy portable radio to listen to your favorite music while walking?
- I am a cookie monster! - I can just eat any delicious cookies I can get. I love it!
- I am a wise shopper - I go for descent, reasonable and affordable prices when I shop for clothes, purses, shoes, make-ups and gadgets.
- I love to travel! - Who doesn't? I mostly save my money on vacations and road trips. I have been to 29 states of USA and I am already thinking what's the 30th state I am going to visit. I enjoy traveling with my husband.
- I like eating hot dogs - But I don't like their hot dogs they sell here. I miss the tender juicy hot dogs and winner hot dogs back home.
- I am fascinated with jewelries - I think I want to work in a jewelry store. I am just fascinated with all the jewelries in the store, though I don't wear them much. I love to wear earrings and rings only. I would love to have a collection of jewelries for me to see them everyday that I am alive.
- I hate being told what to do - I can do household chores and I am good at it. I clean the bathroom, kitchen and the entire house according to my will. Just don't tell me what I need to do because I can be lazy sometimes.
- I love to go grocery shopping - Although it will take longer time for me to finish and accomplish what's on my grocery list before I head the counter to pay.
- I want to be alone sometimes - Sometimes it is good to be alone but it doesn't mean that I am lonely. I want to think alone and reminisce the past just by thinking.
- I enjoy watching TV with my hubby - When I see my husband alone in the couch, I can feel that he needs me to be there with him. We enjoy cuddling, hugging, caressing, touching together in our couch.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
In the afternoon, the weather got better. It ended up being the nicest day of the year. But it was too late for us to go somewhere. So we stayed home, I did the laundry and watched movie. My husband is taking his nap. At 4:45 this afternoon, the sun sets. I wish for much nicer weather this coming days.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Here are the rules for the recipients:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Here are the rules:
1. Each blogger must post this rules
2. Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves
3. Blogger that are tagged need to write ten facts of themselves. You need to choose ten people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to live them comment telling them they've been tagged and to read your blog.
Here's my 10 random facts about me:
- I can watch TV the whole day. The only time I will get up from the couch is when I need to drink some water, go to the bathroom to pee or do my thing and go to the kitchen and look for something to munch on.
- I enjoy both being a home buddy and being outside to have fun
- It took so long for me to go shopping. I have all the patience to choose the best clothes, shoes, hair clip, make-ups, purses and all the things that a girl wants like me.
- I have a passion for cooking. I love to cook!
- I cannot stand a dirty and unorganized place. I take time to clean and organize everything. I am somewhat a neat-freak person.
- I am a heavy sleeper. Thunder won't even wake me up. My usual wake up time is around 10:00 to 11:00 in the morning. Again, I love to sleep!
- I can stay for a longer time in-front of my computer. It is part of my life.
- I love blogging! I can write and express all my thoughts.
- I love meeting new friends. I am a person whose friendly, sweet and bubbly.
- I don't forget to always say "Thank you, God!" everyday. It is my daily routine and it feels good.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Are you ready for a road trip this summer using your motorcycles? If yes, how about giving a spark with a style on your motorcycles before you go. Give a full service to your motorcycles to customize its look and you can change some parts of it for a better run. GoldwingCountry.com is owned and managed by group motorcycle enthusiast. Their goal is to bring goldwing riders together and letting them exchange information about parts and accessories and providing them with an exceptional shopping experience. Bikers servicing other bikers! By visiting their website, you can find great deals and you will learn more for your motorcycle accessories, wheels and tires, body accessories, riding apparels, tools and maintenance. It will be cool when you give your motorcycle a spark!
There are people who are willing to help without judging you. They will guide you throughout the process and provide the highest quality addiction treatment. Just like the people from Promises Treatment Centers, they provide the best treatment and environment for healing from alcoholism and other addictions. If your loves one turned to alcohol because of depression, the alcohol rehabilitation is the best place for them. There are so many cases of how a person turned into alcoholism. By placing the person into a safe and supportive environment, they will have the opportunity to stabilize medically and psychologically to gain the recovery they needed for themselves.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The interior of St. James Basilica
Saturday, January 10, 2009
- Celebrated New Year in a newly purchased home
- Spent Valentine's Day in Tennessee
- Got a free meal from O' Charleys
- Attended a funeral in Eastern Kentucky
- Went on a pre-spring trip to Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tennessee
- Went to Cumberland Falls
- My husband made a vegetable garden
- My husband's birthday
- Went to see and visited my Aunt in Savannah, Georgia
- Went to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina
- Went to see the Biltmore Estate in Ashland, North Carolina
- Got my Permanent Resident Card
- Went to Tennessee to buy some trees
- Helped the husband to plant the trees we bought
- Put the house in the market
- Went to Edinburgh, Indiana to shop in an outlet store
- Went camping in Missouri, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana
- Celebrated Independence Day in a hotel in Wisconsin
- Living in United States for a year
- Went back to North Dakota and bought a house
- I got a job as a receptionist
- Our first wedding anniversary
- My 26th birthday
- End of my job as a receptionist. The campground will close for the winter season
- Went back to Kentucky to clear the house, get all our things and bring it all in North Dakota
- Went back to North Dakota
- Sent Balikbayan Box for my family back home
- Spent Thanksgiving Day together in a restaurant
- Celebrated Christmas Day in Devil's lake
- Experienced my first blizzard
- Went ice fishing
- Changed our Kentucky Driver's License to North Dakota Driver's License
Friday, January 9, 2009
It stays too cold and the snow that fell last November is still here. It doesn't melt. We can only count how many times we had fun outside this wintertime. And even if we have a truck which is a 4-wheel drive, there's not many places to go because everything you see is snow. How can I enjoy wintertime? I really want to enjoy the snow but it is just so hard to go anywhere. I wish, that in 3 weeks time, we can go some place warmer and celebrate Valentine's Day. I am getting excited!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
To tell you the truth, I love the snow. But when the time you cannot go out of the house and stay bored all week, that ain't fun at all. The weather doesn't cooperate with us. The temperature is still below zero degrees. I have been taking silly pictures of myself, my husband ate all the fruits in our refrigerator and left nothing for me. We can't even go anywhere to have fun because it's too cold and the road are slick. Now, who wants to tell me that snow is cool? It is just plain cold!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- 1 pound of ground beef or pork (whatever meat you want)
- 1 cup shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped finely
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red crushed pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- lumpia wrappers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- vegetable oil for frying
- Saute garlic and onion in a 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the ground beef or pork and stir-fry until the ground meat will turn its color from red to gray.
- Add the carrots and shrimp, then add 1 tablespoon of red crushed pepper. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the egg, green beans and bean sprouts. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Wrap in lumpia wrapper and dip fry in vegetable oil.
Monday, January 5, 2009
This was really an interesting movie for me. I say I got emotional while I was watching the movie. When Charlie (Tom Cruise) meets his brother, Raymond (Dustin Hoffman) he never knew he had, he takes his older brother on a cross-country odyssey they will never forget. Both actors did a very good job on their roles. Dustin Hoffman won the Best Actor in a leading role at the 61st Academy Awards. If by chance you see the title - Rain Man, watch it and you will learn something from the movie.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Here are the rules:
Use Google images to search for the answers to the questions below. You must then choose a picture on the first page of the results and post it as your answer. After that, tag 7 people.
2. Place I would like to visit:
11. A bad habit:
12. A hobby:
13. My current wish list (maximum of 3):
I am sharing this Photo Game Tag to all the happy bloggers! Go ahead and grab it. Happy Blogging!