Credits

The Designers Chic

Friday, June 6, 2008

Hot Friday Mania

It's Friday once again! I woke up at 8:07 AM. It's an unusual wake up time for me. I usually wake up very late in the morning around 10:30 AM or early in the afternoon around 1:30 PM... Oh yeah, I know what you think of me, that I am a sleepy head - always in deep slumber. Sometimes, I wonder if I still fulfill the job of being a wife to my husband. I should be the one who wakes up early in the morning to prepare breakfast and start moving my butt to do some household chores.

The 400 mile sale is still going on and the U.S. highway 68 is getting busier. As I can see many cars passing by from east to west and from west to east. My husband asked me earlier what are we going to do today as he want to passed the day from building the storage buildings he and his grandson are building. He decided to jump in inside his truck and just drove all the way going west of U.S. highway 68 for the yard sale.

As he was driving slowly to look for a better place for the yard sale, we came across some people stopping by looking for some stuff. As we went on and on, we finally stopped to one of the biggest yard sales today. I got a better deal from the cookie jar, plates, cups and saucers and some home decors. There were some good deals of books too but I was just looking for the authors of novels I really like to read. The sun was shining so bright but the people seems not bothered by the hot weather.

We continued our journey for the 400 mile sale. We stopped at Cadiz, Kentucky to get something to eat. We bought pork butt barbecue, butter bread, cheese puffs and pop drinks. Then we had a little dry picnic at Cadiz Recreational Park. Everything went well for me, my husband and my husband's grandson. I can really say that we really have a pretty good Friday. We enjoyed shopping good deals from the yard sale, the sight-seeing and the dry picnic.

2 comments:

ANGELROCHE said...

kalayoa ani oi. grabe inyong na travel ni? wow i cant imagine, murag makatog jud ko ani Haze. eheheh! wa jud koy endurance og road trip ai. but i love shopping pero makaluya ning trip ba. im sure u love it kay thats what you really love doing, traveling places to places

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hehehe, correct jud Roche, even in Pinas pa, I love road trips, mga joy ride and motorcycle lang gamit namin, minsan yung wrangler jeep ng papa ko... Its my means of getting to a comfort zone, hehehehe