Credits

The Designers Chic

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's Corner


It's been ages (specifically 19 days ago) since I was tagged by Kate Love from Hazard, Kentucky and Felicity from Bakersfield, California. I know I should have posted this right then they tagged me. But I just wanted to post this today as we are celebrating FATHER'S DAY! I wanted to greet my Papa (who's not with us for almost 5 years now), my Husband - Winn (who became also a Mr. Mommy to his son and daughter), to Mark (my husband's son) and to all fathers out there who made all ends meet for everything.

Rules:

1) Copy from {Start Copy Here} to {End Copy Here}.

2) Blog Brag about your husband - Yes, the father of your child or children. As I’ve said singles may also join by bragging about their own fathers, or even grandfathers. It doesn’t matter! Of course, Daddy bloggers themselves may also join, but you have to blog about your fathers and not about yourselves, deal? Ok? Good.

3) Add your blog in the list below linking to the post that you just made. Or if you wish, do it as how I’ve done it in my other blog by adding a new page.

4) Leave some love HERE. Yup! At My Comfort Zone BlogSpot. Thanks!

5) Let’s not forget Peppermint Creative for the corner border I used for the badge.

Bloggers Corner:
Kate Love
Inday's Kitchen
My Comfort Zone
Your Blog Here!

Since my father passed away last August 02, 2003... We felt so miserable. It was hard for my mother and his 3 daughters together living without him. Knowing that we will not grow old without him by our side. He will not see our kids (his grandkids) grow and play and call him Grandpa. He didn't even see us (me and my sister) finished and graduated from College. I knew he would have been so proud for both of us. As he always said this line all along when he's still alive "Finish your degree in school and you can do whatever you want." It has been put to our mind since then. Of course, as the years passed by, we don't have any father-figure. It was hard. We felt like, someone is missing all along. He was a good provider for his family and he sent us all to a private school (High School and College only). When it's time for his paycheck, we always go for a family grocery time and he took us out for a wonderful dinner in a nice restaurant. It's been always like that every payday (at least once a month).

I knew this has long been said to him when he's still alive, but I will always tell him how much I love him as my father. He brought me to this world together with my mother's help. I would say this over and over that I am thankful that you brought me good life. That you raised me well as a good daughter (well, I may have been stubborn at times but I still listen carefully for all your advice). I will always treasure what we always had before. You may not be with us right now, but you are always remembered! Always...

I miss you, Papa!

2 comments:

Katelove's said...

Hello, every time i read a post about a father, it always touch me jud. we're n d same boat. hehehe, my father pass away when i was 13 and it tooks me 13 years before i able to let go and accept it na wla na diay jud cya. hehehe.. he's died is unexpected, we all don't know that he will pass and that's hurt me so bad. hehehe, btaw sis, i know how it feels. Anyway, i love your post here.. take care always..

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

I know what you feel Kate! Its hard to lose someone so dearly to us... but let's just pray for their soul and know they are watching us from heaven... be safe always