Credits

The Designers Chic

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Longest Day

June 21 is the 172nd day of the year (173rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 193 days remaining until the end of the year. On non-leap years, this day marks the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, and thus is the day of the year with the longest hours of daylight in the northern hemisphere and the shortest in the southern hemisphere. In astrology, it is the cusp line between Gemini and Cancer.

Last night, I set up my alarm clock so I can watch the sunrise at early 4:00 AM. It was a little bit cloudy so I didn't see much but I can see there's already light coming up. So I waited for few minutes before I could go back to bed. Usually, June 21st is the longest daylight of the year (or at least would start on that date) during the summer time. I was really surprised to the changes since I came here in the U.S. almost a year ago. The daylight starts at 4:45 AM and the dark starts at 8:45 PM. So, that would be 16 hours of daylight.

Today, I didn't do much except that I have to do the laundry, feed and play with my 4-legs kids (the 2 red dachshunds and 1 chocolate Labrador) and of course, doing my internet blogging and chat with some good friends. I did prepare our brunch too. My husband requested a lighter meal so I prepared biscuits and oatmeal for us. It's time to finish packing up our clothes too and put them in the camper so we are ready to go on a trip. I surely wouldn't want to miss enjoying this summer as this would be my second summer time here in the U.S. I can't wait now, the clock's ticking so fast and I am set to go.

No comments: