Credits

The Designers Chic

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

Speaking of fresh strawberries yesterday, I made my very own shortcake made from fresh strawberries, of course. Strawberry shortcake is one of America's favorite desserts. Sliced strawberries are mixed with sugar and allowed to sit an hour or so, until the strawberries have surrendered a great deal of their juices. I made an experiment strawberry shortcake yesterday. I added some vanilla extract and a half cup of an evaporated milk. I got the easy home-made recipe from Joy.

In America, shortcake means a rich pastry enclosing fruits, and it became very popular in the mid-1800s. There are also many modern variations using pound cake, angel food cake, or sponge cake, but the traditional shortcake is usually made with a sweetened biscuit pastry, plenty of sliced strawberries, and a generous dollop of whipped cream.

Doing this strawberry shortcake was very easy. Just have all the ingredients ready (pound cake, strawberries, sugar, vanilla, milk and whipped cream) and you already have a mouth-watering shortcake dessert for everyone. It is very delicious, easy to make and I am sure everybody will love it.

6 comments:

Generous Heart said...

Aw! yummy...pinagutom mo na naman ako ha...Strawberry shortcake? i never get tired making and eating them...my kids always thank me for making it..hhehehe.Gladly you like them as much we love it.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

oh yeah! super sarap, hehehe. my husband and his grandson loved it too. my husband was asking for more but I told him, reserved the cake for tomorrow so ang inubos nya kahapon was the strawberry filling itself...hehehe

ANGELROCHE said...

madaot man atong diet ani Haze ehehh! pero look so yum!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hahaha, correct Roche, madaot lagi oi, hehehe, nahurot na jud!

Felicity said...

sus kadaghan jud sa cream :) lami!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hehehe, lami jud Fel, nahurot na jud, hehehe