Credits

The Designers Chic

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Delicious Palabok

Tonight, I made a delicious "pancit palabok" for me and for my husband for our dinner. I know he doesn't like much rice noodles or even care to eat much pasta noodles because he's not used to it. He's allergic to pasta noodles. But tonight was amazing! He ate much of my delicious pancit palabok that I cooked from scratch (oh well, I followed the recipe from Mama Sita's).

Pancit Palabok and Pancit Luglug are essentially the same dish, the difference being primarily in the composition of the sauce used. Both types use a round rice noodle (often specifically labelled for pancit luglug or palabok) smothered with a thick, golden shrimp sauce or other flavored sauce, and topped with:

* Shrimp, (the size and shell-on or shell-off depending on preference)
* Crushed or ground pork rind or pork cracklings (chicharron) for toppings
* Hard-boiled egg (sliced into disc or quartered lengthwise or chopped)
* tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
* freshly minced green onion

Palabok/Luglug and Canton are a communal comfort food, and can be found at nearly all Filipino potluck parties. They are best made and eaten in batches for they are easily consumed.

I am just glad that I finally made this pancit palabok. I have been craving this for a long time and since one of my contacts in my other website keep on posting pancit palabok. I did try to cook it from scratch and everything went well. We finally had our pancit palabok for our dinner and our stomach was satisfied with the result.

8 comments:

Booyah! said...

looks really yummy~ drool...

http://lunchmaniac.blogspot.com/

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

thanks for visiting, sure is yummy!

ANGELROCHE said...

wow expert na diay ka sa pagluto dha Haze ha. tilaw nya ko sa imong mga luto someday pero mo request jud ko ha, pwede ba? heheehhe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hehehe, mao jud Roche, tapolan man gud mag cook sometimes, hehehe...sure! ipagluluto kita someday, hehehe

Unknown said...

wow kalami. share sa recipe ani girl beh

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

sure Jhenn, ihatag nako sa imuha ang recipe sa Multiply, i-PM lang ka nako

Eva Marie said...

kalami ani haze oist! gigutom napud ko diri!

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hahaha, gigutom sad ko sa comment nimu Eve. Nahurot na man gud na dugay na, hehehe