Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Puppy Adoption

Its been 5 months now since we moved to our cape cod style house last December. I left a small part of my heart for my first dog here in the United States which is a red bloodhound dog that I named Chuckie. I left him in our old house and gave it to the little boy next-door neighbor who likes Chuckie so much.

A bloodhound (also known as the St. Hubert Hound) is a large breed of dog bred for the specific purpose of tracking human beings. Consequently, it is often used by authorities to track escaped prisoners or missing persons. It is a scent hound, famed for its ability to follow a scent hours or even days old, over long distances. Combining a keen sense of smell with a tenaciously strong tracking instinct, bloodhounds have proven their worth as the archetypal trailing dog.

Two weeks ago, we visited an Animal Shelter near our place or just about 18 miles from our house. My heart jumped for joy as I have seen so many dog breeds in the Shelter. I couldn't even name what dog breed are they but I am just happy to see them barking, howling and growling as they run back and forth to their cage. I have been looking for a yellow or chocolate Labrador puppy that I can train and teach.

This time, my husband promised me that we are going to adopt a puppy from the Animal Shelter and I am just glad that we will do it this month. He told me to get a really petite one so we can carry and bring my dog when we go on a trip. He doesn't like the big ones as they are heavy and very difficult to transport when its time for us to go anywhere. I wouldn't want to left another dog as we enjoy traveling, not anymore... and that's for sure!

2 comments:

Eva Marie said...

cute ayo si chuckie! pero okay lang! cute pud imong mga new babies karon! ayaw nana sila ihatag ha! hehehe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hehehe, dili man na si chuckie Eve, si chuckie kay dako ug ears... dili na jud noh... I love doggies kaya, hahaha