Credits

The Designers Chic

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pennies and Dimes

What can you buy with your pennies and dimes? A piece of cheeseburger? A pack of cigarettes? Some mints or a cup of coffee? For months now, the prices of diesel and unleaded gas are crazy rising. The people are so depressed about the gas prices getting higher and higher. They have been complaining almost everyday for it and they can't do anything about it. No one knows if it will ever come back down or not.
When I came here in the United States last July 4, 2007, the gas prices were just $2.35 per gallon (unleaded) and the diesel was just about $2.85 per gallon. That's the gas prices I can remember since I was new then and never knew it was gonna raised like crazy. And now, for my 10 months of living here in the United States, the gas and diesel prices went up to $3.75 per gallon and $4.50 per gallon respectively.

I have my fair share on how I can spend my pennies and dimes. I know it takes some time to count them before you can have a quarter and a dollar. But everything will be paid off after counting them and finally have something to spend on. Like a cup of coffee, some mint or some delicious pastries that cost more or less $1.50 and will also satisfy your wants.

So, whenever you have pennies and dimes, take time to save them. You will never know when to spend it but you will always have a treasure that you will surely enjoy someday.

No comments: