Credits

The Designers Chic

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day is a United States Federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (in 2008 on May 26). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who perished while in military service to their country. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War, it was expanded after World War I to include casualties of any war or military action. (Quick Information)

Our Memorial 3-Day Weekend was spent with good food, wonderful laughters and nice bonding with family and friends. Yesterday, that was Saturday, I had a marvelous Memorial Day party with some of the Filipinas here in Kentucky, particularly in Glasgow, Bowling Green and Edmonton. I didn't know that there's such Filipinas here as they will gather mostly in big cities like Louisville and Lexington.

Today, a family bonding with Theresa's family, my husband's daughter. They came over for some good food, had lots of fun and talking. They also have a quick vegetable harvest for their own consumption. My husband felt great about it because he can share his own vegetable garden with them.

I had fun yesterday. I got to meet many of them and shared their own experiences here in Kentucky. Like me, they're also married with their American husbands. They did ask for my mobile number for future invitations about more incoming parties with them. I am just glad that I am expanding my network towards meeting new friends but I have to say that I will still be very careful as it is really hard to find real friends.

2 comments:

Eva Marie said...

halu haze! happy memorial day ninyo diha...di ko ka-relate kai wala mi ana! hehehe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hahaha, mao jud Eve!as in 3-day weekend jud diri, ang uban kay 4-day weekend jud start pa last Friday, hehehe, thanks Eve