Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How Young Are You?

Did somebody can't believe that you don't look like your age? Well, I have experienced that kind of compliment... If that's how you call it. It's been 2 weeks now since I was mistakenly recognized by the Sales Associate at Wal-Mart when I was about to check out some of my items. I bought a DVD rated R movie "Tears of the Sun" starring Bruce Willis. The Sales Associate asked me how old am I the time she's holding the DVD movie I put in my cart. I was terribly in shocked as I didn't buy any cigarettes nor any beers and hard drinks. I got a quick thinking, why is she asking for my age? I didn't realized that the DVD movie was a rated R. I was speechless! I wasn't able to answer her back regarding my real age.

Luckily, my husband was just behind me that time and backed me up to the Sales Associate from Wal-Mart. She revised her question then. She's about to let me show to her my identification if my husband wasn't there. Her revised question was, "who's going to pay for this DVD's?" After revising her question regarding the age, I felt an amazing relief! I told her that it was my husband who's going to pay for everything.

Then, just last Saturday, we were invited to a Memorial Day party in Glasgow. I met some of the Filipinas that I have never met in my 10 months living here in Kentucky. They have asked me about my age, some were just guessing! I couldn't believe that I still look so young at my age (I am 25 now), wherein back at home, I always lied about my age (not much, but just a little). Some where thinking, I am just 22 years old, some even joked on me that I was just a sweet 16 little girl or an 18 year old lady-baby.

I know I should feel good about it because everyone (or at least some that I know of) wants to look younger than their age, but hey! I am on the right age to buy what I want. Looks could be deceiving sometimes but after all, it makes me to perceive the amazement of joy and laughter that luckily, I am one of those women to have that kind of baby-face look.

No comments: