Credits

The Designers Chic

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

How's My Driving?

Learning how to drive was one of the things I wanted to accomplished in my life. As you all know, I have no idea as what and when to drive as I go to the flow of driving. It all started when my father had a Wangler jeep back in the Philippines but he never did teach me how to drive. You see, I could have known better if he did teach me to drive. It could be one of my skills since not all people in the Philippines know how to drive even if they reached the age of 16. Why? Because there's no car for them to drive. In the Philippines, only those families who can afford to buy a car can drive or at least people who have a car.

Now, that I am here living in the United States, everything seems new to me, especially when it comes to drive a car. People here started driving when they reached the age of 16 or less. The school offers a driving lesson course where students started to learn how to drive when they reached the age of 16. It is a must here! But in the Philippines... We learned how to commute a ride and pay for our fare whenever we go to school, mall or work.

Five months before I came here, I enrolled in a driving school. I learned the basic things about driving and finally, after 24 years, I got my Philippine Driving License. Then 4 months of being here, I got my Kentucky Driving License. It is actually my husband who pushed me through learning how to drive since I will be actually driving alone (I mean, without any supervisions of my husband). It's fun to drive! You could go any places or just about anywhere by driving. And now that I am 25 years old, this is my time to shine in driving because I know, in the near future... I can be better in driving.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

we had the same struggles. well maybe im much worse, hehe. i just got my Arkansas license last month and to think I'm already 30.hehehe. Anyway, I still feel happy about myself coz I passed the written and practical tests right on my first try and I've been hir for just 7 months. Though I'm not yet a very good driver though but its a good start considering that I havent driven back home.

Oh btw, u look great behind the wheels, girl!

Unknown said...

on another note, about blogging, yeah ill share to u so far what i learned. right now since you just started, i think the requirements for PayPerPost is your blog should be at least 1 month old and u got to at least have 20 original posts before they will approve your blog. so keep on blogging girl and soon you'll gonna find ur way to earning money from it.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

correct Jhenn! I feel like I am always struggling on how to drive. It feels good though that somehow I finally have my freedom driving...sometimes! hehehe

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Thanks for the information Jhenn, I appreciate it... I have fun writing although I was thinking before I couldnt even write something...now I am getting excited everyday as i wanted to write everything, hehehe...

and oh by the way, that picture was taken the day we bought the car! hihihi

ANGELROCHE said...

lucky you got ur license fast. ako nagtiis pa talaga kasi hubby taught me how to drive. alam mo naman mga ito napaka protective sa driving kaya it took me awhile talaga kasi laging nag.aaway eheheh! pero nakapasa naman kahit papaano.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

correct Roche, even kami ni Winn we have a fight too kasi he wants my driving to be perfect as his but hello, who I am ba naman na madali matuto eh I started driving when I was 24 already and then he wants me to learn asap! diba hindi ganun kadali? hehehe