Credits

The Designers Chic

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Why I am still up?

It's 3:28 AM and I am still awake! What's wrong with me? Usually, I am already in deep slumber at this very moment. But here I am, with my glass of orange juice, a small pecan twirl and my instant beef noodles while I am doing something here in the internet world. I am actually chatting with my sister and she told me that she got a parcel notice for the package I sent for her birthday. It took her 1 month and 1 week to get it. What is wrong with the postal service? Well, at least she finally got it... It may be too late for her birthday (April 6) and I am happy that she's finally receiving what I sent.

I can't sleep... I don't know why... I am disturbed by the thunder, lightning and the heavy rain. We actually have a tornado warning. I can hear the wind blows so hard. I was in bed tossing and turning while thinking about the tornado warning. I never did experience such thing back home. Thank God that the city where I grew up and lived in was a free-tornado zone. I don't have to worry about hiding in any basements or bathtubs to protect ourselves. And I pray to God that He will protect us from danger or any harm that the tornado may bring...

Lastly, thanks for my online friends who shared their time with me while I was awake. My sister in the Philippines who dared to get up just to go to the internet cafe to chat and pay Php 25 per hour since Saturday is her rest day from work. I am almost done eating my beef noodles, the last bite of my pecan twirl and to drink the last drop of my orange juice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i can understand the tornado stuff. that was what i think too when i first experienced a tornado warning. im not used to it in the PI so weird talaga!, hehe.

ANGELROCHE said...

Weather these days is too weird. We need to be very careful and a warning should not be taken for granted...Girl ur up so late. Relax naman dyan ok.

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

yeah, you are definitely right Jhenn, I was really scared although this is my 4th tornado warning since I got here in US...so scary and pray hard talaga for our safety

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

yup Roche! I cant even understand myself... Usually I just don't mind because I know Winn will be there for me, but last night was different...so extra careful talaga...